Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Holiday



It's back to the 1970s for this week's belated Musical Monday and a track from the German rock band Scorpions. An ex-boyfriend introduced me to Lovedrive, the album from which the track is taken and I quickly fell in love with several songs on the album - in particular, Holiday, the track I have chosen for this week.

I hadn't listened to the album for quite some time until recently, whilst travelling in the car, I was scrolling through my MP3 player, attempting to find something (other than Guitar Legends - there's a definite limit to how many times I can put up with Smoke on the Water in one day!) that Joe, our budding guitarist, would listen to without moaning. Happily I rediscovered Scorpions and we had a remarkably peaceful journey.




Holiday - Scorpions (Lovedrive, 1979)

5 comments:

Broo said...

This is really nice.

Cat said...

My colleague, A, would love this!

WDKY said...

Nice... don't know the Scorpions but I've known a few lovedrives in my time.

Have a great weekend, Julie x

Cat said...

Hi Julie, hope everything's okay - I miss your chat! Hope to hear from you soon. Catxx

Unknown said...

Hey, where are you? Hope you ok x