Monday, June 26, 2006

Super Glider

It's been too long. Almost three weeks since I've posted and I've missed two Musical Mondays. All is well in the Midas household. My only excuse is that life is busy again. We're currently in the middle of mad birthday season - George, Daisy, Cam and I all have birthdays in the space of three weeks, not to mention various members of the extended family. All the present buying and party organising, together with the other extras happening at the moment - guitar concerts, school plays, sports days, special assemblies... has resulted in my online escape time being eaten away.

Anyway, thank you to
Cat and Kell for missing me. I should be around a little more often this week and plan to spend some time catching up on all my favourite blogs as well as updating my own. In the meantime, I didn't want to let another week go by without posting an offering for Musical Monday
.

This week's selection is Super Glider by Drugstore; a song that, for me, perfectly evokes lazy days and the long, hot summer of 1995 - my last childfree summer. I first heard the song on an indie compilation, Sharks Patrol These Waters, and loved it so much that I was driven to seek out the band's eponymous album. Although I'm fond of other tracks on the album, this one remains very special - short, simple, and yet achingly sweet.





Super Glider - Drugstore (Drugstore, 1995)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you back!

The Boy said...

Welcome back, glad to know its just busyness rather than anything worse.

lolly said...

Ahh, glad you're back. I did wonder where you had gone but didn't have an email address to get in touch.

Cool track btw.

WDKY said...

I've missed you, Julie. And waht an ispred choice - beautiful.

Happy MM x

WDKY said...

Oops :-)

Unknown said...

Horay!! Youre back. Sorry if I pestered you. I know how real life can get in the way of all-important stuff like blogging ;)
My computer has died and Im using a loaned ancient laptop so I cant hear your song. Hopefully will soon x

Cat said...

Good to see you back, busy lady!

Julie Midas said...

Awww... thanks everyone. It's flattering to think I was missed. I'll try not to disappear again until my hols in August.

Saffyre (and anyone else who might want to email me at some point in the future), I've added my email address to my profile. Feel free to use it! :-)

Broo said...

I have to agree... we sure did miss you.

NML/Natalie said...

Welcome back! You've been missed :-)

Broo said...

Missing you again!

lolly said...

I miss you again too....

Curly K said...

Take it easy and enjoy those breaks from blogging, it can all get a bit much especially when you have children and real life to look after. But looking forward to your next installment.

Curly K said...

Hope you're still enjoying your break and that you'll be back soon.

Cat said...

Lady, where are you? I hope once those schools go back you'll make your return! Catxx