Monday, May 22, 2006

I Am What I Am Not

I have been tagged by Kell.

I AM: disorganised. No matter how early I get up in the morning, I always end up rushing around at the last minute, usually looking for something which has invariably walked from the last place it was seen in: keys, purse, Daisy's pre-school bag...

I WANT: the rain to stop!

I WISH: I was thinner, younger, more organised! Hmmm... I've actually got control over two of those. Time to start cracking the whip, I think!

I HATE: cruelty and injustice.

I MISS: my girlfriends. Although I have a number of friends and numerous aquaintances in Leicestershire, I miss the closeness of the friends I grew up with and those I met at university. I miss having a best friend who I can talk to about anything and who I know will stand by me, no matter what.

I FEAR: dying whilst my children are still young; my children and those I love getting ill or seriously hurt in any way.

I HEAR: CBeebies and Daisy singing along.

I WONDER: what I'll do with my life once Daisy is at school. At the moment I work part-time, in a job I don't really like. It might be time to make a positive career move.

I REGRET: listening to the Careers Advisor at school and studying Business Studies instead of doing an English degree.

I AM NOT: a morning person. I begin to feel human by about 9.30 am.

I DANCE: whilst washing up, listening to the radio. George and Daisy often join in.

I SING: loudly in my car. I'm one of those people you see at traffic lights, getting slightly carried away!

I CRY: far more easily than I used to. Although having children has made me stronger in lots of ways, my emotions seem much closer to the surface.

I AM NOT ALWAYS: very tolerant. I don't suffer fools gladly.

I MAKE WITH MY HANDS: a pretty mean pizza. There's something very therapeutic about kneading and stretching dough.

I WRITE: shopping lists on a whiteboard in the kitchen. the general opinion on my handwriting is that it looks good but is difficult to read; something my students used to constantly moan about when I was teaching.

I CONFUSE: myself, trying to remember everything. I have a perfectly good diary and wallplanner but rather than using them, I constantly juggle things in my head.

I NEED: eight hours sleep to feel fully refreshed but rarely get it.

I SHOULD: go to bed earlier.

I START: my day with a strong cup of coffee, usually made for me by Cam.

I FINISH: Daisy's left over cheese on toast. It's a terrible habit and I don't do it with anything else but I can rarely resist cheese on toast.

I tag CatGirl, Curly K and Serendipity.


I Am What I Am Not - Idlewild (The Remote Part, 2003)

3 comments:

Cat said...

I'm on the case!

NML/Natalie said...

Ooh, I don't like when people tag me but I do find reading some of them rather insighful. I missed my Dublin buddies when I moved to London 5 years ago but even though I still do, I now have a great network of close friends that I would never have thought possible. I know what you mean though about being around people that have known you for a hell of a long time.

Curly K said...

Will get onto the task asap. Love your post.