Friday, May 26, 2006

War Child


Excuse me for a moment whilst I slip into Proud Mummy mode and show off this picture of my handsome younger son, dressed as a World War Two evacuee for his school trip to Beaumanor Park. See the gas mask box, painstakingly created by Cam; the trousers lovingly shortened (amidst much finger pricking and under-the-breath cursing) by yours truly. Observe the authentically worried expression on my little darling's face. Lovely!


War Child - Blondie (Atomic: The Very Best Of Blondie, 1998)

7 comments:

WDKY said...

My god, that's FANTASTIC!!! I feel completely inadequate now when I think about the effort I've gone to in the past with my sproglets :-(

Have a wonderful (long) weekend, Julie x

Anonymous said...

awww, butter, melt, wouldn't

Julie Midas said...

WDKY,

Not much effort involved at all - apart from the sewing of the trousers (needlework is definitely not my forte!).

Hope you have a fabulous weekend too. I do love Bank Holidays :-)


Caffeine Driven,

Yes, he's very good at making people believe that too. A silver-tongued charmer in the making!

Julie Midas said...

He's not really prone to tantrums, though he certainly has his moments! He has a fierce temper when provoked but it's usually quickly forgotten. Personality-wise, he's probably the child most like me.

Unknown said...

Gosh that looks so realistic! He looks so solemn, bless his heart.
You are good a mummy for making a proper costume. Im no good at things like that.
I have a lovely photo of my big kids dressed in Victorian gear.

Julie Midas said...

George is definitely a bit of an actor as far as different expressions go and really enjoys getting dressed up. The Victorian picture sounds great. George would love to do something like that

NML/Natalie said...

This is fabulous! He looks so serious too. I've a good mind to go and tell my mum off for not making enough effort in my childhood!