Monday, May 29, 2006

Something So Right

Musical Monday rolls round once again and this week's track is perfect for a long, lazy Bank Holiday.

Although Paul Simon is not, perhaps, my usual choice of listening, Negotiations and Love Songs was the CD Cam chose to play the morning after we'd spent our first night together, back in October 1989. And as I lay in his bed, stretching, chilling out and listening to the music, everything really did seem so right...




Something So Right - Paul Simon (Negotiations and Love Songs 1971-1986, 1986)

4 comments:

Cat said...

That's sweet - I do hope I have a tune like that in my future. I recall a boyfriend who was in a band and wanted to listen to his own music every time we lay in bed. Vain or what?!

WDKY said...

Interesting choice this week, and one that I really enjoyed. What a lovely track.

Here's to non-angry music... and thanks for playing again, Julie.

Broo said...

As always... wonderful choice!

Julie Midas said...

CatGirl,

That's certainly pretty egotistical. The only guy I ever went out with who was in a band was so shy that he used to play the bass with his back to the audience!


WDKY,

Yeah, I definitely seem to be in a mellow phase at the moment. There's no guarantee it'll last, though ;-)

I love Musical Mondays and really enjoy deciding which song I'm going to choose. I have so many memories tied up in songs that sometimes the memory takes over and I find it difficult to analyse what it was about the song that initially appealed to me...


Broo,

Thanks again, Broo :-)