Thursday, April 13, 2006

All Alone

It's so incredibly quiet here today - even with the radio burbling away in the background. Were it not for the fact that all reasonable intelligence would suggest that I am, indisputably, sitting in my own house, at my own desk, I may begin to consider the possibility that I have been abducted by aliens and dropped in the barren wilderness of Planet Hush. Today my house contains no children.

Joe, George and Daisy are staying with Granny and Grandad in Barnsley for a few days, getting spoiled rotten and being allowed to do all manner of things that my parents would never have considered letting me do when I was a child. I'm relishing the time on my own: the opportunity to use my PC for more than ten minutes without one of the boys begging to use it, being able to go to the bathroom without a little voice shouting, "Mummy, where are you?" and the knowledge that tomorrow I can stay in bed for as long as I like. You can bet, though, that by tomorrow evening I'll be missing them like you wouldn't imagine...

Whilst I'm here, a brief mention about the titles of my posts. When I started writing this blog, I decided that each entry would be given the title of a song from my music collection. It seemed like a good idea at the time but I've subsequently discovered that finding a song title that also relates loosely to what I'm writing about is not always as easy as it sounds. Anyway, I'm no quitter; having started this little game, I will continue. I've decided to go back and edit my posts to include details of the song. I've also changed the title of my last post from Memory Lane (McFly, Wonderland) to Remember Me - it seems to fit the post better and the McFly album belongs to Joe so is not technically part of my music collection!

After the wettest, greyest, most dismal morning you could possibly imagine, it's finally stopped raining. I do believe there may even be a glimmer of sunshine! I'm beginning to get quite excited about going to see Corinne Bailey Rae this evening; even more so now there's a possibility I may manage to make it to the venue without resembling some bizarre species of drowned rodent...



All Alone - Gorillaz (Demon Days, 2005)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you count my albums as part of your collection :D I look forward to seeing some of the more eclectic tracks as post titles! If I can use tracks from your collection I might even be tempted to join in the game...

I'll let you have your pick of the gig pictures this weekend,

-Cam

PS pop quiz, which Led Zep track did Corinne Bailey Rae cover last night?

Julie Midas said...

That would be "Since I've Been Loving You" (more about that in my next post).

As for our music collection - what's yours is mine and what's mine is... mine! Only joking, Sweetie. And you're more than welcome to play the game...

J x

Unknown said...

hi Julie

Thanks for commenting on my blog.
How lovely to have a night off from the kids and all that peace and quiet but, I know what you mean about missing them. When I have more than a few hours to myself I feel a bit lost. Its sad really isnt it?

Clever idea with your titles, it will be interesting to see how you keep it up.

love kelly (pinkchampagne)

WDKY said...

Ah... peace and quiet. I remember it well.

Make the most of it, Julie, and have a wonderful Easter. Even though the weather - the "spring" weather - is complete shite. I'm very impressed with the challenge you've set yourself, incidentally... Any musical theme is good with me, as you may have noticed.

Time for bed now... night night.

Julie Midas said...

Kelly,

You're so right about feeling lost without the kids around. I sometimes wonder how I managed to fill my time pre-children!

J x

Julie Midas said...

WDKY,

You're such a night owl!

As for musical themes, I'm hoping to join in with your Musical Monday (brilliant idea, by the way) - I just need to get audioblogger up and running.

J x