Friday, March 17, 2006

Let Me Introduce You To The Family

Well, where to begin? I guess an introduction would be the polite thing to do, so here goes... My name is Julie, I'm 38 years old and married to the long-suffering Cam(ilo). We live in a small village in Leicestershire and have three (mainly) delightful children: Joseph (who prefers to be known as Joe these days), age 9; George, age 7 and Daisy, age 3.

I've been thinking about keeping a blog for some time but now I've actually got round to it, I'm not really sure what to do with it! Guess I'll just stick with it for a while and see how it goes. (Hmmm... that last sentence is pretty much the subtext of my life, actually. I'm a great one for drifting into things without making any big decisions...) Anyway, I've taken the first step and written something; albeit a waffly, pretty meaningless sort of something. Watch this space!



Let me Introduce You To The Family - The Stranglers (Singles: The U.A. Years, 1989)


6 comments:

Chrissy said...

I'm your first comment! Every now and then, before I log in, I click the blog roll of updated material and I found your blog. Are you in England?

Blogging is fun! I'll keep checking in ~~you'll find more fun blogs on my links, too, and they will lead you to another and another and so on...we could play on the internet all day, if only the laundry, children, etc didn't demand some attention. :-)C

Julie Midas said...

Wow, a comment! Thanks cmommy - knowing someone has actually read what I've written might just spur me on to write some more.

I'll definitely check out your blog and your links. I can see how blogging could become totally addictive...

And yes, I am in England!

WDKY said...

Well, here's another... you just turned up on my stat counter so I thought I'd come and give you the once-over. Hmmmm... looks like it has a LOT of potential :-)

Nice to find another British blog, and I'll be back. Come and say hello when you have a minute.

Julie Midas said...

Thanks WDKY. I love your blog.

Unknown said...

Welcome to blogland Julie!
Comments do deffo spur you on to continue. Its great to get some feedback. I am too a mum of 3 but expecting number 4!!
Im Kelly, you left a commented on my blog earlier (how did you come across it by the way?? Just out of interest) Im 27 and live in Wales. I'll keep an eye on you!! :)

Julie Midas said...

Hi Kelly

Thanks for commenting. I'm still at the stage when I get ridiculously excited that someone has actually read my blog and taken the trouble to leave a comment for me.

I honestly can't remember how I came across your blog. I must have followed a link from another blog but not sure who's. Anyway, I liked what I read so bookmarked you. I love your chatty style of writing and the fact that you update so often so there's always more to read when I check back :-)